Keep The Water Flowing By Cleaning Your Showerhead
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Clogged Drains and other Plumbing topics.
Is there an easy way to fix the water flow problem on my showerhead?
If the water flow in your showerhead is leaving you with nothing more than a sputtering stream, fix the problem by cleaning your showerhead. It's easier than you might think.
- First wrap a wrench with masking tape to keep the tool from scratching the surface of your fixture.
- Start cleaning your showerhead by unscrewing the swivel ball nut on your fixture.
- Unscrew the collar nut of your showerhead.
- Using a thin length of wire, clean out of the inlet and outlet holes.
- Rinse off any remaining debris with water.
- If mineral deposits remain stubborn, you can soak the showerhead in vinegar overnight.
- Replace the showerhead and you're all set!
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.