Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Garbage Disposer and other Plumbing topics.
Maybe you had an electrician handle the installation of the electrical circuit for your garbage disposal. Or perhaps you're using one that is already in place. Now you're just trying to figure out how to connect the electrical circuit to your new garbage disposal. Read on to find out.
1. Remove the electrical connections plate on your new garbage disposer unit.
2. Use a wire nut to connect the white wire from the garbage disposer unit to the white wire from the switch.
3. Use a wire nut to connect the black wire from the garbage disposer unit to the black wire from the switch.
4. Use a wire nut to connect the bare ground wire from the garbage disposer unit to the bare ground wire from the switch.
5. Replace the cover plate to the electrical connections on your garbage disposer unit.