New Toilet Purchase Checklist
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Toilet Repair and other Plumbing topics.
What do I need to purchase when I install a new toilet fixture?
If you're in the market for a new toilet, you're going to need some items before you can put in a new fixture. To make sure you've got all the items you need, follow our new toilet purchase checklist.
- Naturally, your new toilet purchase will include a new fixture. However, keep in mind that unless you're buying one of the newer one-piece models, you're going to have to purchase a bowl as well as a tank.
- Most tanks will come with an installed flush valve assembly, but double check that this comes with your tank when you make your new toilet purchase.
- Get new closet bolts to secure your new toilet to the bathroom floor.
- You'll need a wax gasket for the base of the bowl.
- If the toilet seat is not included, make sure you purchase this as well.
- If you plan on replacing the supply line, the best ones are flexible, encased in a stainless steel mesh – for both appearance and ease of use. You can purchase a plastic supply line to save money and if local building codes allow it.