Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Septic Tank and other Plumbing topics.
Your septic tank doesn't have to fail or cause you drainage problems. If you follow these five steps, you'll be on your way avoiding septic tank problems.
1. Keep heavy weights like vehicles and livestock off of your septic tank.
2. Keep hazardous wastes out of your sinks and toilets.
3. Keep household items like dental floss, sanitary napkins, and cat litter out of your septic system.
4. Avoid septic tank problems by planting only grass over and near your system. Tree roots and shrubbery can infiltrate and damage your septic system.
5. Don't allow gutters to drain in or around your septic tank.