Safety Tips For Garbage Disposer Installation
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Garbage Disposer and other Plumbing topics.
What safety tips should I keep in mind before I install a garbage disposer?
Installing a garbage disposer is a project for someone who feels comfortable working with electricity and has an intermediate level of experience with do-it-yourself projects around the house. If you plan on installing the garbage disposer yourself, keep these safety tips in mind.
- Disconnect the power to your garbage disposer and lock the main panel box so no one accidentally turns the power on while you're working on the project.
- As added insurance, do a test of the wires to make sure the power is indeed off.
- Check with your local building and safety department to find out if permits are necessary for the project.
- Consult with an electrician to avoid overloading the circuits.
- Wear eye goggles and a dust mask to protect your face during the garbage disposer installation.
- When you've completed the garbage disposer installation, ask an inspector to check your work.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.